Thursday, May 30, 2013

KIMSHU A/W '13

 My current A/W ’13 collection aim towards a conservative and architectural approach, much similar to FINSK which is where I draw my inspirations from time to time. How did my latest collection come about? Well, I like to begin my design process with a basic style for this Autumn/Winter (rather much winter in Melbourne) so I automatically thought, wedges and platforms which also provide women the extra height they need, like myself. I then incorporate my style into the design and work my around it. This season I want to offer women a minimalist range with a slight edge for a bit of appeal. I am a firm believer in ‘less is more’ so I want to be careful with color and material choice, thus why I chose black.
 

Adding a focal point to all my designs is really important as it delivers a signature of
KIMSHU. The main focal point in this collection is the hardware at the beginning and end of each shoe. 
Versatility is also another important factor which reflects on wearability, therefore my collection is designed to be worn for every upcoming autumn and winter. My designs are steered away from what’s on trend; I’d like to fathom the idea that my innovations are fashion-forward.

Once again viewers, I would love to hear your feedback! Thank you for your time :)


back-zip wedge booties


back-zip ankle platform
sling-back wedge booties

front-zip ankle platform

back-zip wedge pump

block heel pump

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kim,

    I'm taking the freedom of leaving you a comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today's luxury brands ads, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, it would be of much much help :)
    Here the link of my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WV3LYH6
    Thank you very much!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise,

      I have completed your survey and it was quite interesting, glad to help! :)

      Delete